Skaquel

Raquel played a vital role in the local ska scene throughout the 90's. Under the name Skaquel Productions, she produced and managed numerous local shows. Notably, was the 4 day Ska Patrick's Days festival. Along with many local acts, the festival also featured performances from Buck O' Nine, The Aquabats, Reel Big Fish, Mephiskapheles, and Mustard Plug. She said, "Ska was getting pretty big in Utah right around that time. All these bands knew that Utah would be a fun place to play."

Along with doing promoting, she is also a talented photographer. We spent some time going through her large collection of negatives, which she was kind enough to share.


3 comments:

  1. holy crap! I love it! I've never seen that picture of me before. That was my bedroom, with all four walls plastered with flyers. I'm glad I still have them after all these years. And Raquel's great. She's definitely the go-to girl when it comes to Utah Ska in the 90's. This doc is going to turn out amazing!
    much respect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that my bald head in the foreground? Wait, I think I had an affro back then.

    ReplyDelete